Open Class Bees & Honey
Enter Monday, July 21, 10:00AM - 1:00 PM
1. Exhibits not picked up will be discarded.
2. An exhibitor and any member of his/her family, or an apiary, are limited to one entry in each class.
3. All honey entered in any class, must be produced by the entrant.
4. Honey will show better in oval, flat-sided or square clear glass containers than in round miscellaneous jars. Exhibitors should use the better display containers, if available. However, honey displayed in round clear glass containers or plastic containers will be accepted. Labels are not allowed on jars. Jars or containers of honey with labels will be disqualified.
5. Frames of honey (shallow & deep) must be in bee proof container with removable top for checking moisture. One frame per container.
6. Damaged or otherwise hazardous exhibits will be discarded at the discretion of the superintendent/advisor.
7. No person may handle any exhibit without permission from the superintendent/advisor.
8. Each exhibitor will determine color classification.
Premiums: $5 - $4 - $3
H01. Any frame of comb honey, any color
H02. Three 1 lb. containers of white extracted honey
H03. Three 1 lb. containers of light amber extracted honey
H04. Three 1 lb. containers of amber extracted honey
H05. Three 1 lb. containers of dark amber extracted honey
H06. Three 1 lb. containers of chunk honey, any color
H07. Three clear hard plastic boxes of Cobana or cut-comb honey, any color
H08. Best display of honey – 15 to 25 lbs. Display of Honey, wx, and wax product