4-H/FFA Market Goat Show
Friday, July 25 at 6:30 PM
See 4-H/FFA Market Livestock Shows and Sale General Rules
Committee Member in Charge: Barbie Lemming
1. All general rules apply.
2. Goats must be owned and entered with 4-H/FFA Advisor by (weigh-in date). Goats must have valid state scrapie free tag/ID.
3. All goats must be owned and weighed in May 2, 2014.
4. All goats must have KUIP tag, scrapie tag/ID, and health papers for show/sale.
5. Goats must be born after September 1, 2013.
6. Horns are optional, but must be tipped. Tipped is defined as the end of the horn squared off to 2 inch in diameter or larger. Judge may make determination.
7. All male goats must be properly castrated at weigh-in. (Banded or surgically removed – clamping is not allowed.)
8. Exhibitor may enter market wethers and/or market does. Induced cryptorchids (short scrotum kids) and buck goats may not be shown or any wether kid showing signs of secondary sexual characteristics may not be shown.
9. No artificial color.
10. All goats must be at fairgrounds by 4:00 p.m. July 25, 2014. Weigh-out 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
11. All goats must weigh a minimum of 45 lbs. to qualify for sale. Any animal not making the minimum weight requirement on the first weigh-out can take the animal off the scale and re-enter the scales for a second weigh-out. Animals may NOT leave the scale area before second weigh-out.
12. Participants are encouraged to write Thank You notes to sponsors.
4H Novice Showmanship – Mike Redden
4H Junior Showmanship – R. Mineer HVAC/R
4H Senior Showmanship – Pendleton County Conservation District
4H Reserve Showmanship Champion – William Verax, DMD
4H Showmanship Champion – Butler Lions Club
FFA Novice Showmanship – All State Insurance shown.
FFA Junior Showmanship – Pendleton County Farm Bureau
FFA Senior Showmanship – Tim Norton Auto Services
FFA Reserve Showmanship Champion – Woodhead Funeral Homes and Memorials
FFA Showmanship Champion – State Farm Insurance
Overall Showmanship Champion – Carolyn Flaugher
Supreme Champion – Moneyhon Tax Service
Reserve Supreme Champion – Rockin M Farms
4H Best Bred and Owned – Napier Pallet Inc.
FFA Best Bred and Owned – Double L Farms
Pendleton Proud – Pendleton County 4H Council
Overall Rate of Gain Champion – Brooksville Farm Supply