4-H Leadership & Communications Project
Premiums- $3 - $2 - $1
1. Exhibits MUST correspond to:
a. Any project or activity from the Leadership (4-H Step Up to Leadership and Unlock Your Leadership
Potential) and/or Communications project books. b. Only pages relevant to project are needed. Additional
pages are allowed but will not be considered by the judges.
c. The 4-H ID card (4LO-11SO) should be securely attached to the outside lower right corner of the outside
cover. Inside, clearly indicate the pages that are to be judged. If the pages to be judged are not clearly
marked then the last 2-4 pages of the book will be reviewed.
d. THIS IS NOT A GENERAL SCRAPBOOKING CATEGORY. (For scrapbooking, see 6029, class
745/746) The scrapbook format is a method of record- ing the Leadership and/or Communications experienc- es of youth who participate in these project areas.
2. One exhibit per county per class. Exhibits that do not meet the established criteria will not be considered for judging.
3. An exhibitor is limited to one set of record pages in each division for a total of three (3) entries.
4. Counties are limited to one (1) entry in the Club Scrapbook division.
5. Exhibit must be in an 8 ½” x 11” or 12” x 12’ notebook or scrapbook format. Format will allow a Leadership or Communication Portfolio to be developed and kept over multiple years.
6. Refer to the class entry to determine the required number of pages.
7. Photos should clearly address the theme or activity corresponding to the selected leadership project or communication project. Each photo should be explained with a 2-3 sentence journaling caption. One or two paragraphs of narrative explaining the project or activity should be included on the scrapbook pages. Clearly indicate pages to be judged. Additional pages beyond those required by the project will not be reviewed.
8. The Leadership and/or Communications Project should contain the following:
a. 2 or more photos on each page;
b. Each photo should be explained with captions (see
c. 1-2 paragraphs of narrative (see #9) on one of the
d. No additional pages of narrative are needed
11. Photos can be taken by the 4-Her or another person. The pictures should clearly address the Leadership or Communication project that is selected. Pictures may be cropped as desired.
12. Pages will be scored on: organization of project (easy to follow and relevant to a Leadership and/or Communications Project), neatness, narrative content, caption content, photo content, and overall effectiveness of the project.
13. A class champion will be selected for each individual class
14. Entries that do not meet the established criteria (see #10) may not be judged.
DIVISION 6041-A 4-H COMMUNICATION PROJECT:
925. Junior Division: Communication Scrapbook Display – two (2) page display of work completed by junior level member based on an activity, program or project from the 4-H Communications Curriculum.
926. Senior Division: Communication Scrapbook Display – four (4) page display of work completed by senior level member, based on an activity, program or project from the 4-H Communications Curriculum.
929. Senior Division: Resume – one page resume using Microsoft Word. See 4-H Communications project book “The Perfect Fit” and “Take Me As I Am” for resume tips and guidelines.
DIVISION 6041-B 4-H LEADERSHIP PROJECT
927. Junior Level 2 pages based on an activity, program or project from the 4-H Leadership Curriculum.
928. Senior Level 4 pages based on an activity, program or project from the 4-H Leadership Curriculum.
DIVISION 6041-C Secretary Scrapbook (Ribbon Only, No Premium)
936 4-H Club Scrapbook – Using pictures and captions tell about your 4-H Clubs year focusing on leadership, communications and community service activities. (No limit on page numbers)