4-H Educational Dog Project Posters
Premiums- $3 - $2 - $1
1. Educational posters MUST relate to dogs and be completed since the last State Fair. Poster must be judged at the county level before entry at the State Fair. Only one entry per class per county is allowed (county winner must have received at least a blue ribbon at the county level before entered at the state fair level).
2. Posters should encourage the participant’s imagination in developing a slogan/theme that promotes a breed or project or educates the viewer about a dog project related activity. Examples of topics include but are not limited to: showing/grooming/caring for your dog, dog health, nutrition, and breed characteristics. Posters should be simple and focus on one message to tell the story of your dog poster theme. Resource information should be attached to the back of the poster (resource may be in envelope with youth name and county, class listed on envelope).
3. Participants may use a variety of media, however no 3-dimensional posters will be allowed.
4. Posters must be no smaller than 20” x 30” and no larger than 24”x 30.” Posters must be made using one of the following, matt board, or foam core board. No poster board is allowed. Posters submitted on poster board will be disqualified at entry.
5. Copyrighted characters such as Snoopy, Charlie Brown, or other cartoon characters cannot be used.
6. Label 4LO-11S0 should be affixed to the lower right corner of the poster. The back of the poster MUST include a listing of the resources of the information on the poster or the poster will be marked down in judging. Poster content should allow for display of the label 4LO-11SO in the bottom right corner of poster, approximate size of a 3x5 card.
7. Posters will be judged on how well they present information and on their general appearance.
8. Class champion ribbons will be presented. All participants will receive ribbons and premiums. One overall Grand and Reserve will be chosen from the Junior and Senior entries.
9. There is no Cloverbud poster class.
538 Junior (age 9-13)
539 Senior (age 14-19)